Are you looking for an ostomy pouch that is less visible under your clothing? Do you have skin folds and creases that make your pouch difficult to place? Are you worried about leaking and odors with your ostomy pouching system? With ConvaTec’s newest addition to its line of one-piece convex ostomy pouching system line, the Esteem+ Soft Convex can make these concerns of the past.
The Esteem+ Soft Convex
The latest addition to ConvaTec’s range of one-piece ostomy solutions is the Esteem+ Soft Convex system. ConvaTec listened to the concerns of many ostomy pouching system users and addressed all of them with their newest design in the ConvaTec ostomy supply lineup. The one-piece system is often a preference because of its discreet lower profile under clothing. The pouch and wafer/flange are also unable to be separated, so the one-piece option provides a greater sense of security. Let’s discuss how the Esteem+ Soft Convex has become the ostomy pouching system of choice for many across the nation.
What Makes The Esteem+ Soft Convex so Different?
A More Manageable System
As we mentioned, the one-piece ostomy systems are a preferred choice because of their low-profile and added security features. Some other features that make the Esteem+ Soft Convex a preferred choice are:
- A split-fabric, easy-view window for accurate placement and viewing of the stoma and output.
- An integrated filter gives the user reassurance that there will not be any ballooning as it also helps to minimize odors.
- The Safe Seal Clipless closure makes this pouching system easy to empty and clean.
- Belt tabs are included for attaching an ostomy belt, if preferred, for added security.
A More Diverse System
The Esteem+ Soft Convex was made for those with many different ostomy and stoma types. No matter which of the following you have, this pouching system can be the solution:
- Ileostomy – small intestine connected to the abdominal wall
- Colostomy – colon connected to the abdominal wall
- Flush Stoma – stoma is level with the skin
- Retracted Stoma – stoma is sunken or dips below the skin level
A More Compatible System
If you have skin folds or creases, it can be difficult to precisely place a standard flat ostomy skin barrier and feel confident that there will not be any leakage of fluids or odors. With the Esteem+ Soft Convex pouching system, the convex skin barrier curves toward the skin to help improve the projection of the stoma for optimal drainage. Previous barriers and baseplates did not offer a cut-to-fit design that are both flexible and have shallow convexity. With three distinct plateau sizes below, this one-piece drainable ostomy pouch can fit with almost any body type for a more comfortable wear.
- V1 – 3/4 – 1-7/8″W (20-47mm) – Item# 422363
- V2 – 3/5 – 1-3/5″W (15-40mm) – Item# 422364
- V3 – (3/8 – 1-1/8″W (10-28mm) – Item# 422365
A More Protective System
Peristomal skin can become very irritated when an ostomy pouching system does not fit securely and conform to various body and stoma types. The flexibility and softness of the Esteem+ Soft Convex system makes it a more comfortable and secure choice, eliminating the costs associated with the use of stoma skin treatment and protective products. Because this pouching system is body-conforming, leaking is less likely, which reduces skin breakdown and makes it a more skin-friendly option.
At Personally Delivered, we proudly carry the Esteem+ Soft Convex as well as an extensive line of other ConvaTec ostomy supplies. If you have any questions about any of the ostomy products we carry, give us a call and one of our Product Experts would be happy to help.